New and shiny Eye Dropper just hits Chrome Web Store.
- History syncing between multiple browsers
- Export your color history to CSV
- Ask before clearing history
- New faster color picker
Bug Fixes and Small Changes
- Rewritten popup. Eye Dropper should load much faster now
- Better messages when we can’t pick colors
- Design changes in popup window
- Removed flattr button
But I’m not stopping this time. Couple more long-awaited features should arrive in few weeks.
It has been long time since last update but I really don’t forgot about you. I finally find time to make some important update, do house cleaning and bug fixing and here we are, brand new and shining version of Eye Dropper is here.
- new and more clear design
- more info about picked color
- new extension icon
- live preview of colors selected from history or color picker
- amazing new color picker from @bgrings
- clearing history is now instant and leave you on same tab
- new options page
After long time I finally find time to fix some bugs. And new features will come soon!
- Support for shorthand hex colors – fixes #33
- Possibility to reset keyboard shortcuts in options
- Correct behaviour on image pages – fixes #32
- Fix bug #31 – corner preview box using website colors sometime
- Better badge icons and some icon polishing
- Couple of fixes of some rare bugs
- Update to new color picker (jPicker) version
As usual – if you find any bug or have some great idea for feature Eye Dropper should support, just fill new issue at github issue page.
This release is targeted to cleanup code and fix some long standing bugs.
This release brings you support for hotkeys (more shortcuts to come).
- Shortcut for activate “Pick color from webpage”. – You have to enable it in options.
- Change of keyboard shortcut handling
- Fix issue #14 that sometime cause wrongly picking only black color after scrolling page.
- Possiblity to support Eye Dropper development through Flattr.
- Many cleanups
This new release bring different handling of picking color from webpage which will freeze webpage first and than allow you to pick. This small change is in great enhancement because it fixes many web page picking problems.
- deactivate eye dropper while picking with right click (configurable in options)
- freeze page before picking
- fix frameset problems
I also added new welcome page so everybody will see it once after this upgrade. In future versions I’m planning to show it only on major upgrades. Feel free to leave me comment what you think about it.
There is new extension on Google chrome extensions gallery which is based on my Eye Dropper. Dalton is targeting on color identification and colorblind accessibility. I really like placing reminders on page and identifying color by names.
I’ll have small talk about Eye Dropper extension at Google Developer Day 2010 in Prague on November 16th during presentation named Google Chrome Extensions by Paul Kinlan.
New minor version of Eye Dropper was just uploaded to chrome gallery.
- Added new information box with hex and RGB values displayed when you choosing what to pick
- Option to disable mouse color tooltip
- Option to disable information box
New release of Eye Dropper with small fixes and minor design changes was just uploaded to chrome extension gallery.
- Fix storing of duplicate colors in history
- Added possibility to change cursor style when picking color from webpage
- Fixed displaying wrong cursor on links
- Add borders around history colors so light colors are visible too
- Small design changes on option page and popup
A couple of days ago Eye Dropper extension hits its user #32.000 according to counter on chrome extension gallery.
I wrote this extension mainly for my personal needs because of lack of something like ColorZilla for Firefox and never expected that so many people find it useful.
So… there is brand new site which will be used as source of Eye Dropper news, changelogs and better help. Also I’m thinking about some sort of easier feedback form… Most of you just wrote your problems in comment at google extension gallery but it is hard for me to reply to you and for you to check if it is already fixed. I like to hear your tips because github issue page which was dedicated to this task is rarely used.